November 11, 2016
A licensed plumbing contractor should be the first person you call if you want to learn more about how you can save money on water bills. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average American homeowner uses 100 gallons of water per day, and spends an estimated $500 on their water bill per year. Though water bills are simply a normal part of your everyday life as a responsible homeowner, one small mistake in handling your plumbing system can lead to you spending much more than you initially thought. What makes it even more difficult is that you need running water in order to live in your home, and for a wide range of purposes. When you consider how many times your household uses essential fixtures like toilets and sinks per day, you may be paying heavily for the systems you rely on in order to function in your home every day. Costs on water bills can also double if you live with a growing family, which will need water for showering, laundry, and dishes. Before all of these expenses prove too much, you should make a phone call to a plumbing contractor immediately so you will know how to avoid it.
Why Should You Call Best Service?
Best Service is here to provide you with that plumbing contractor and more once you give us a call. Our team of licensed plumbers will ensure you won’t have to worry about excessive costs on water bills for a long time to come. We are willing to provide emergency plumbing repair at any time and give you any information regarding new, highly-efficient plumbing fixtures available today. In fact, if you allow us to install new water-efficient plumbing fixtures in your home, you will be able to save 30% more on energy bills. Our plumbing contractors also specialize in personable customer service which will always put your needs before anything else. They will listen to your every word and address any of your questions. If it means ensuring you and your family enjoy better convenience around the house, we are always willing to go the extra mile.
Tips for Saving Money on Water Bills
Though trying to save money on water bills may be a challenge for many homeowners out there, it’s not impossible. In fact, you can save tons of money by following these easy tips:
- Practice Water-Efficient Lawn Care: If you love taking care of your lawn, you need to be careful, as it will prove to be one of the most water wasting things you can do around your home. An estimated 55% of your water is used outdoors, but there are ways to lower that percentage. You can invest in an efficient drip system that instead water the base of your plants. Low-maintenance landscaping will effectively cut your water consumption, especially since your sprinkler system will cause water to simply evaporate or blow away.
- Consider Reusing Greywater: Greywater is gently used water from your water supply (bathroom sinks, showers, tubs, washing machines, etc) that is recycled thanks to a sanitary pipe keeping the water separated from city potable water pipes that runs it to your toilet. This process can save up to 7,000 gallons of city-supplied potable water per year.
- Consider Reusing Storm Water: In addition to water from showers and faucets, you can also reuse storm water by using a rooftop drum that can collect and distribute water for landscaping irrigation.
- Upgrade Washing Machines: Upgrading to energy-efficient washing machines will save you 50% more water compared to your current model. You should also try to wear articles of clothing more than once so save even more water.
- Upgrade Dishwashers: You may be surprised to discover that washing dishes by hand will actually cost you more on water bills than putting dishes in the dishwasher. In that case, you should install a new, more efficient dishwasher which will wind up saving you 30% more water compared to conventional methods and 80% more water compared to washing by hand.
- Invest in Radiant Heating Systems: Newer radiant heating systems tend to be more efficient compared to baseboard heaters, which means you will lose less heat through ducts and out the window. Closed systems also recirculate water to heat your home more, ensuring you will also save more on energy bills.
- Call Best Service for Plumbing Maintenance: You should make a point to call Best Service for plumbing maintenance at least once a year. We can give your plumbing system a proper inspection by examining each fixture down to its last detail. We can also make repairs for any issue we come across so they can stop from getting worse and save you money on plumbing repair. One quick check can ensure your plumbing system remains problem-free over the next 12 months.
Don’t Drown In Water Bills – Talk To A Plumbing Contractor Today To Discuss The Different Ways You Can Save Money
Contact Best Service today if you want to learn more on how you can save money with your plumbing system thanks to our plumbing contractor!